Monday, April 7, 2008

Warning: Husband filling in.

I'm best known as "Ginger's husband", but my real name (and the one I use on TV) is David. Ginger is recovering from hernia surgery, and the occasion calls for a comment or two worth putting on record.
First: homemakers are truly AMAZING people. I have a new perspective and appreciation for what my wife does every day: managing our house and raising our children. She has always had my full support, but now I can truly empathize when Tate doesn't nap like he should or Micah goes into meltdown because he's beyond hungry (he's American-starving - my phrase, Ginger can expound later). What amazes me most is how GOOD she is at her job! And I now have futher confirmation as to why men don't have babies: we would have let the race die out in the first generation. Patience and perserverence are not our strong suits...
Second: Children truly are one of the greatest joys of life. While Christ is first and wife is second, the gap between them and my children is EXTREMELY narrow. Sure, they've driven me nuts several times during my tenure as homemaker, but they have truly made me appreciate what a joy and blessing they are. How it comes about that careers, hobbies, plans, whatever get ahead of your chilren is completely beyond my reason and understanding.

2 comments:

Chasity said...

Beautifully said...I've always said Ginger and I hooked up with some pretty amazing guys! Keep it up Dave, you are a great husband, Ginger is truly blessed. Love you guys. ~Chas

Melinda and Elizabeth said...

Amazing! David you are awesome and your right you are lucky to have ginger she is fantabulous!